College Career Pathway
College Career Pathways (CCP) is a collaborative program between Stonington High School and Three Rivers Community College. It is designed to allow high school students to sample the rigor of college academics and earn college credit while attending high school. A Career Pathway is a series of courses that CCP students commit to taking in high school. Students do not need to major in that particular career pathway if they choose to attend college. Each pathway includes a designated math course, speech course, science course and a course or courses in a career area.
How much does it cost?
- There is no cost for students to be enrolled in the CCP Program.
- Earning FREE college credit now will help students prepare academically for their future and save a lot of time and money
How does it work?
- Students select a career pathway from the list below.
- They complete the application that is available in the Guidance Office and give it to their Guidance Counselor.
- Students receive an acceptance letter from the CCP Office to verify their enrollment as a CCP Student.
- Students take required courses and get a grade of C (73) or above.
- Students earn college credit in the form of a transcript from Three Rivers Community College. Students may choose to go directly to Three Rivers Community College or they may choose to take the transcript to the college of their choice to inquire about transfer credits.