Our graduates will use the 21st Century Skills to:
- Convince: Use critical thinking skills and a variety of relevant evidence to solve a problem, support a position, or present an idea.
- Communicate: Use content area language clearly to convey ideas as an individual. Communicate with others in a way that facilitates a collaborative process.
- Consider: Use all learning to develop innovative and/or creative options to solve challenging situations and/or problems.
- Connect: Use technology to find, evaluate, create and/or share information, ethically and legally. Connect all learning to become a participative member in the social and civic community.
Stonington High school beliefs that Students learn best when
- Participate actively
- Work together to learn
- Construct knowledge
- Engage in authentic experiences
- Reflect/self-assess/set goals
- Connect what they are learning to the world
- Can talk to their teachers and each other
- Get timely and meaningful feedback
Stonington High school Beliefs that Teachers teach best when
- Collaborate and communicate effectively
- Use multiple strategies based on content and student needs
- Encourage independent thinking and innovation
- Create a positive, respectful learning environment
- Demonstrate they are learners who construct knowledge
- Create meaningful, rigorous, relevant and increasingly complex work
- Use varied assessments to make decisions about what and how they teach